Curried Cauliflower Pickles
Simple and oh so good. Goes great with hamburgers or meatloaf.
- 1 tablespoon, il Fustino avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon, cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon, coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons, curry powder
- 1 teaspoon, fresh ginger – minced
- 1 clove, garlic – smashed
- 1 head, cauliflower – cut into florets
- 1 cup, water
- 1 cup, il Fustino Pomegranate Vinegar
- 1/2 cup, cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons, kosher salt
Heat the avocado oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
Crush the cumin seed and coriander seed and add to the pan. Add the curry powder, garlic, ginger, and garlic to the pan.
Cook these spices until fragrant.
Add the cauliflower and toss to coat.
Add the water, pomegranate vinegar, cider vinegar and kosher salt and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes to soften the cauliflower a bit.
Pick out the cauliflower and place into a sterilized jar. Pour the pickling liquid over the cauliflower, filling to the top of the jar.
Seal, cool, chill, and store pickles for 1 week to allow the flavors to develop thoroughly.