Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons, il Fustino Mission EVOO
- 1 medium, onion – peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots – peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves, garlic – chopped
- 1 15 ounce can, butter beans – drained and rinsed
- 2 15 ounce cans, chopped tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans, chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon, fresh rosemary – finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon, red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon, kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground black pepper
- zest of one lemon
- 2/3 cup, creme fraiche
In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
Add the beans, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, rosemary sprig, and red pepper flakes.
Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
Puree the soup in a blender in batches, or with a blending wand, being careful to remove the rosemary sprig and the bay leaf.
Return the soup to the pot and keep warm over low heat.
Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium bowl, fold the lemon zest and the chopped rosemary into the creme fraiche.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and dollop each bowl with the lemon rosemary creme fraiche.