Courtesy Chef John Fernandez
- 1 cup, Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup, pear puree (from fresh or roasted pears)
- 1 egg
- fresh pasta
- 3 tablespoons, pears – diced small
- 2 tablespoons, pancetta – finely diced
- 2 tablespoons, shallots – finely minced
- 1 tablespoon, gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup, cream
- pecans or walnuts – finely chopped for garnish
For filling: combine mascarpone, pear puree, and egg together in a bowl. Adjust seasonings with salt and sugar.
For sauce: Cook pancetta over low fire until almost crisp.
Sweat briefly the shallots with the oil from the pancetta, then add the diced pears and saute until almost tender (a couple of minutes).
Combine pancetta with the pears and shallots in a small skillet or saucepan.
Add cream, bring to a boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
To finish: Fill ravioli with cheese, pear puree and egg mixture. Form ravioli to your preferred size and shape.
Place an appropriate amount of sauce in a suitable skillet, and set over low fire, then cook the ravioli in boiling salted water (one to three minutes).
Remove and drain the ravioli.
Turn the ravioli into the sauce, toss or stir to combine, and turn out onto the serving platter.
Garnish with chopped walnuts.