This is more of a suggestion than a recipe; Pinzimonio is one of the best ways to assess and appreciate the virtues of the ultimate EVOO, the young and spicy Olio Nuovo. The dish is basically a array of raw vegetables — baby fennel, celery, red bell peppers, scallions, artichokes, fresh green beans, radishes, you are in control!
- 1 large, red, green or yellow bell pepper
- 4 large, scallions
- 6 small, purple artichokes
- 1 large bulb, fennel
- 1/2 cup, cauliflower – florets
- 4 celery stalks
- 4 large, carrots – peeled
- 4 small, endive
- 6 medium, radishes
- 1/4 pound, tiny French beans
- 1 cup, il Fustino Olio Nuovo
- 1/4 cup, Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup, freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Cut all vegetables into easy to handle shapes, think finger friendly. Blanch and refresh the green beans.