- 8 medium, ripe tomatoes – thickly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon, salt
- 1 tablespoon, il Fustino Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup, fresh bread crumbs
- 1 large, garlic clove – minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons, fresh thyme – chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon, fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon, il Fustino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 425.
Lightly oil a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
Arrange tomato slices, slightly overlapping, in prepared dish.
Season with 1⁄4 tsp salt and sprinkle with vinegar.
In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, thyme, pepper and remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt.
Sprinkle crumb mixture over tomatoes and drizzle with oil.
Bake tomatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden.
Best served hot but good at room temperature.