Angel Hair Pasta with Chile, Lemon and Arugula
Author: Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence
James and Jody made this quick pasta one night after work and we declared it good enough to publish.
- 1/2 cup, il Fustino extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups, panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves, garlic – slivered
- 1 teaspoon, dried red pepper chili flakes
- 1 lemon – zested and juiced
- 1 pound, angel hair pasta
- 6 cups, lightly packed wild arugula – (Israeli if possible)
- 1/2 cup, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. In a dry skillet over low heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the panko bread crumbs and toast until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Put into a bowl and set aside.
2. Set the skillet pan back over medium heat and add the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil, the garlic and the red pepper flakes. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes to infuse the oil and cook the garlic. Season with salt
and pepper, to taste. Add the lemon zest and remove from the heat.
3. In a large pot of well-salted boiling water, over medium heat, add the angel hair pasta and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl. While still warm, toss in the arugula, the infused oil, the bread crumbs and the cheese. Using tongs gently fold everything together and transfer to a large serving bowl or platter to serve. If desired, serve with braised braciole.