- 1 1/2 tbsp, il Fustino Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/2, shallot
- 1/2 tsp, kosher salt
- 1 tsp, whole mustard seeds
- 1 tsp, Aleppo chili flakes
- 1/4 cup, sugar
- 1/4 cup, il Fustino Chardonnay Vinegar
- 1 tsp, Dijon mustard
- 2 cups, dried apricots – chopped into small pieces
Finely dice half of a small shallot.
In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced shallot and salt. Cook until shallot softens, about 3 minutes.
Add the mustard seeds, Aleppo chili flakes and dijon mustard. Cook for an additional minute.
Pour in the vinegar and sugar and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 3 minutes so the sugar can dissolve completely. Make sure to stir often so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Add the chopped apricots and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10-12 minutes, until liquid is thick and apricot pieces are nice and plump (Think of the consistency of jam).
Let cool and enjoy!