Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions
- 1/2 chopped, yellow onion
- 2 tbsp, il Fustino Olio Nuovo EVOO
- 1 large, round brie – about 15 ounces
- 4 tbsp, Ojai Habanero Apricot Jelly
- 1/3 cup, hazelnuts – chopped
Caramelize the onions: In a small saucepan, cook the onions with the EVOO over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are golden brown and tender.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place (unwrapped) brie in a small oven safe dish.
Spread the Habanero Apricot Jelly over the top of the brie round. Top with caramelized onion and chopped hazelnuts.
Bake for 15 minutes or until brie is softened but not completely melted.
Serve with sliced pears, apples or baguette.