- 1 tablespoon, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
- 2 medium, cod fillets
- 1 small, onion – diced
- 1/2 cup, white wine
- 2 cans, diced tomato
- 1/2 cup, pitted black olives – halved
- 2 tablespoons, capers
- 1/4 teaspoon, red pepper flakes – optional
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 250 degrees.
2. If frozen, thaw fish and allow to reach room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels. Lightly salt both sides and let rest for 20 minutes.
3. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet; add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add crushed red pepper (if using) and saute for 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Spoon half the sauce into a oven safe baking pan and spread evenly over the bottom. Lay the fish skin side down. Top with the remaining sauce.
5. Place in oven for 20 minutes. Serve immediately by carefully lifting out fish with two spatulas. Spoon sauce over fish.