Herbs de Provence typically includes; basil, fennel seed, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage, and summer savory.
- 2 cups olives, Nicoise, Kalamata, Arbequina, or a blend
- 1/2 cup il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
- 1/4 cup il Fustino Cabernet Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
Place olives in a medium bowl.
In a small saucepan, combine olive oil and vinegar. Bring to a simmer. Turn off heat and gently stir in herbs and lavender.
Pour the warm mixture over the olives and let them marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
The olives may be made 1 week ahead and kept refrigerated in an airtight container. Return to room temperature before serving.