French Oil Cured Olives
Author: Laura S. Kirkley
- 2 cups, olives (8 to 10 ounces) – Nicoise, Kalamata, Arbequina, or a blend
- 1/2 cup, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
- 1/4 cup, il Fustino Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon, Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon, dried lavender
Place olives in a medium bowl.
In a small saucepan, combine olive oil and vinegar. Bring to a simmer. Turn off heat and gently stir in herbs and lavender.
Pour the warm mixture over the olives and let them marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
The olives may be made 1 week ahead and kept refrigerated in an airtight container. Return to room temperature before serving.
Herbes de Provence, which typically includes; Basil, Fennel Seed, Marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage and Summer Savory, is usually found in the herb section of high-end specialty food stores. Lavender, a member of the mint family, lends pungency to the mix. You can use all of these or a subset.