The traditional French presentation of this timeless recipe can make this delicious salad a chore. Deconstructing and plating with a simple arrangement make this dish easy and fun to eat.
- 6 tablespoons, il Fustino Cabernet Sauvignon Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons, Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 asparagus spears
- 2 heads, romaine lettuce – torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 eggs – hard boiled
- 4 large, tomato halfs
- 2 large, new red potatoes – boiled, cooled and cut into 1′ chunks
- 2 6 ounces, best quality tuna, Italian hand-packed in oil (Flott or Tonnino) – drained
1. Whisk vinegar, mustard, and olive oil together, season with salt and pepper
2. Cook asparagus in salted water until crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes. Cool under cold running water. Allow to drain until dry.
3. Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Slice eggs crosswise. Arrange egg slices along 1 edge of each plate. Divide tomatoes and potatoes evenly. Place 4 asparagus spears across top of each salad, then add half of each jarred tuna.
4. Drizzle with dressing.