Fettucini Pasta with Prosciut, Peas and a Cream Sauce
- 1 pound, Fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons, il Fustino EVOO
- 1 medium, onion – diced
- 3 cloves, garlic – minced
- 2 ounces, prosciutto – cut in 1/4′′ slices
- 1/4 cup, dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups, heavy cream
- 3/4 cup, frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup, Parmigiano-Reggiano – grated
- 1/4 cup, fresh parsley – chopped
1. Set a large pot of water with a pasta insert over high heat and bring to a boil. Add enough salt to the water to make it taste like sea water.
2. Place pasta in water and return to a boil, being sure to stir the pasta until the water boils again.
3. While the pasta cooks, set a large 12-inch saute pan over medium high heat, and add the olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onions to the pan and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic to the pan and saute for about 30 seconds.
5. Place the prosciutto in the pan and saute for 1 minute.
6. Add the cream, peas, and pepper to the pan and let the cream reduce by half, 4 to 5 minutes.
7. If the pasta is not done, turn the fire off the sauce while pasta continues to cook.
8. Strain the pasta and add to the sauce. Toss in the cheese and parsley.
9. Use tongs or two large forks to serve while hot.
You many use spaghetti, tagliatelle, linguine, or any other long flat pasta for this dish.