Green Chili Stew with Pork
Author: Revised: Laura S. Kirkley
Big White bowl with a spoon of sour cream in the center. Wrap corn tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds.
- 3 lbs, boneless pork – cubed – 1/2 inch
- 3 Tablespoons, il Fustino Avocado Oil
- 3 stalks, celery – chopped
- 2 medium, tomatoes (2 cans, 14.5 oz diced) – diced
- 2 7oz cans, green chiles (roasted, peeled & seeded) – chopped
- 8 cloves, garlic – peeled & crushed
- 2 14 oz. cans, chicken stock
- salt to taste
- Salsa Jalapeno (optional) – Mrs. Renfros Green Jalapeno Salsa (Hot) Preferred
Brown the pork in the avocado oil, doing so in 3 batches. Use a large heavy pot so the meat will brown evenly
When each batch is browned remove from pot to a clean bowl using a slotted spoon
When last batch of pork is browned and removed from pot remove oil until you have approximately 4 to 5 tablespoons, return to medium heat and add garlic, brown for 30 seconds
Add chicken broth and deglaze bottom of pot
Add celery, tomatoes, green chili, and return pork with juices to pot
Once this mixtures has come to a boil reduce heat to low, cover and allow to gently simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. At this point the pork will be very tender.
About 20 minutes before serving adjust salt
If you choose to use a Jalapeno Salsa, also add 20 minutes before serving, Please add in very small amounts until you reach desired level of heat.
Garnish with generous dollop of sour cream