Grilled Stone Fruits
Author: Leslie (The Accidental Chef) Thomas
- 2 large peaches, ripe but firm – sliced evenly in half
- 1/2 teaspoon, il Fustino Avocado Oil
- 3 tablespoons, il Fustino Blackberry Balsamic – divided
- pinch, finely ground salt
- handful, pecan pieces – (optional)
- salad fixings (for savory version) – (optional)
- 1 scoop, ice cream (for sweet version) – (optional)
- 1 sprig, julienned mint – (optional)
Cut fruit in half as evenly as possible & remove pit. Use peaches with quick release pit. Yellow peaches are more colorful.
Heat ridged grill pan on medium.
Mix oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic, & salt in small cup & brush cut side of fruit.
When grill is hot, place fruit cut side down in middle. Brush back side.
When nice grill marks appear (max 3 minutes), flip for another 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 Tbsp balsamic in tiny saucepan on low, just until slightly thickened.
When backside of fruit done, if quarters are desired then cut, baste, & flip on uncooked side for final 3 minutes. Remove balsamic reduction if ready.
Remove both pans from heat & immediately baste peach with reduction, drizzle on plate & add nuts if a snack or for breakfast.
Drizzle on lettuce if making savory version. Drizzle on ice cream if making a