- 3 Tablespoons, il Fustino EVOO (plus more for coating baking pan)
- 1 pound, hot Italian sausage – If using link, remove from casing
- 1 pound, ground beef
- 1 Large, yellow onion – chopped
- 6 cloves, garlic – minced
- 2 24 ounce jars, Your favorite jarred Marinara Sauce. (Mine is Francesco Rinaldi – Original)
- 1/2 cup, white wine
- 15 ounces, Ricotta cheese
- 4 cups, Mozzarella cheese – shredded
- 1/2 cup, Parmigiano Reggino – grated
- 1 box, Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef. Turn out into strainer and let drain.
In same large skillet, heat olive oil and saute’ onions until translucent, add garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds. Add white wine and deglaze. Add sauce and heat until simmering.
In a bowl combine ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and stir well.
Using a paper towel coat the inside of a 9X13 baking pan with olive oil.
For bottom layer pour one cup of sauce into baking pan and spread evenly
Top with 3 sheets of Oven-Ready Lasagne. (Sheets will expand during baking.)
Pour 1 cup sauce, 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture on first layer, top with 1/4 cup mozzarella, and 2/3 cup of cooked meat.
Continue for three more layers.
For the final layer top with 3 sheets of Lasagne, pour the remaining sauce, top with remaining cheese mixture and mozzarella.
Cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven, bake and 30 minutes.
Remove foil and bake additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
Remove from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.