Servings: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp, turbinado sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp, kosher salt
- 1/2 cup, il Fustino Arbosano EVOO
- 1/2 cup, dark chocolate chunks (65% at least)
- 1, egg white – beaten until airy
Preheat Oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Whisk together the flour, sugars, and salt in a large bowl.
Stream in the EVOO stirring to combine. Fold in chocolate chunks.
Dump the mixture into a parchment-lined 9X9 baking dish and place another sheet over the top. Flatten dough into a square-ish slab.
Brush the top of the shortbread with the egg white. Sprinkle with more turbiano sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and while the cookies are in the pan slice into desired shape. Let cool completely and recut as necessary.