Roasted Beet & Pear Salad with Date Balsamic
- 1 bunch, red beets (about 3 medium sized beets)
- il Fustino Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1, Bosc pear – ripe
- 1/3 cup, raw walnuts – chopped
- 1/4 cup, crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups, arugula
- micro sprouts (we used micro kale sprouts but any variety will work)
- il Fustino Date Balsamic
- salt and pepper – to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Clean beets, removing tops and a bit of the root. Massage beets with EVOO and sprinkle with salt. Wrap each beet individually in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
Remove from oven and let cool until they are cool enough to touch. Remove aluminum foil from the beets and run under cold water, using your thumbs to rub the skins off of each beet. Slice into cubes. Let cool completely.
When beets are cooled you can assemble your salad.
Place the arugula on the serving plater. Arrange the chopped beets and pears over the arugula. Top with chopped walnuts, cheese and micro sprouts (if using). Drizzle EVOO and date balsamic over the top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!