Thai Coconut Mushroom Soup
- 1 can, Chicken broth
- 1 can, Coconut milk
- 1 can, Straw mushrooms – Sliced
- 1 bunch, Oyster mushrooms – Sliced
- 4 tablespoons, Cilantro – Coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon, Galanga – Grated
- 1/2, onion – chopped
- 4 inch, Lemon grass – Finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons, Fish sauce
- il Fustino Avocado Oil – as required
Chop mushrooms into bite size pieces. Add a bit of oil to the soup cooking pot.
Heat avocado oil and lightly cook mushrooms until they are firm and slightly browned. Add a pinch of kosher salt and a grind of fresh ground pepper, toss.
Remove and set aside. In pot, heat about a tablespoon of avocado oil and
add onion, galanga, and lemon grass. Cook, stirring continuously until onion is transparent and mixture is fragrant. Pour in the chicken broth and allow mixture to cool a bit.
Transfer to a narrow, high sided container. With blending wand puree completely.
Add fish sauce. Return to pot. Add coconut milk and heat. Add mushrooms and continue to heat for a few minutes. This should not be allowed to boil heavily, once it reaches a boil it is done.
Serve topped with cilantro.