White Bean Dip
Author: Jim Kirkley
Easy appetizer. If calorie or gluten conscious vegetables may be substituted.
- 1 can, northern white beans – (15-ounce) drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons, caramelized garlic – available from il Fustino
- 2 tablespoons, fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO – plus more for drizzling
- 4 teaspoons, Penzey’s Bold Taco Seasoning
- 6 pita breads
- salt and pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and 4 teaspoons of the taco seasoning in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl. Drizzle with olive oil.
Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Drizzle oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly.
Sprinkle with salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.