Author: James R. Kirkley, III
Delicious and simple this soup can be made in minutes and can be a meal in itself.
- 2 cans, garbanzo beans
- 4 cups, chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 2′′ sprig, fresh rosemary
- 1 clove, garlic – whole
- 1/2 teaspoon, red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons, il Fustino Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olio Nuovo or Mission recommended)
- salt and fresh ground pepper – to taste
- il Fustino White Truffle Oil – to taste
Heat olive oil in large high sided pot
Add garlic clove, chili pepper and rosemary sprig, cook for a minute or two but do not brown garlic
Add the cans of garbanzo beans with liquid and 3 cups of chicken stock, bring to a boil
Reduce heat to medium and cook mixture for 20 – 25 minutes — there should be only a few bubbles. Add more stock if necessary.
Remove one fourth of the garbanzo beans and set aside.Strip the remaining rosemary from the sprig.
With a blending wand, puree the liquid and the remaining garbanzo beans in the pot. When done return the reserved garbanzo beans to the pot.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve in bowls.
Drizzle each serving with il Fustino White Truffle Oil or il Fustino Rosemary olive oil for an extra visual touch and the flavor.