- 4 cloves, garlic – crushed
- 1 1/2 ounces, butter – melted
- 4 ounces, salted anchovies
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup, extra virgin olive oil
1. Sauté the crushed garlic and chopped anchovy fillets in the oil. Stir constantly until the anchovies disintegrate. Add butter and mix. Add pepper to taste.
2. Serve in a pot, for everyone to dip the vegetables in, or in individual terracotta bowls. The garlic’s flavor becomes somewhat milder if you let the cloves to soak in milk for a few hours or add a touch of cream at the last minute.