Chicken with Fennel and Trofie Pasta
We made this recipe up and had it the last day of 2014 for dinner. It was so good we wanted to share it with you.
- 1 pound, left-over rotisserie chicken – skin and bones removed and torn into bite-sized chunks
- 1 pound, Trofie pasta (use bow-tie pasta if you can’t find Trofie) – cooked al dente in boiling salted
- 3 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
- 3 tablespoons, unsalted butter
- 10 medium, Crimini mushrooms – sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 bulbs, fennel – cored and sliced very thin
- 1 box, frozen peas – thawed and drained
- 4 cloves, garlic – finely chopped
- 1 cup, white wine
- 1 cup, chicken stock
- 1/4 cup, fresh italian parsley – coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese – shaved, for garnish
1. In a large non-stick saute pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil.
2. Stir in fennel and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms continue to cook until slightly browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add chicken, peas, white wine and reduce until wine is almost gone.
4. Add chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Drain pasta.
6. Add pasta to chicken mixture. Add parsley. Toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve garnished with shaved parmesan cheese and an additional grind or two of black pepper.