- 1 pound, large sea scallops
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO – plus more for oiling the grates
- 1/4 cup, cilantro leaves, whole – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 2 tablespoons, fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, red pepper flakes – crushed
- Tortilla chips
- Avocado wedges
- Lime wedges
1. Light a grill. In a medium bowl, season the scallops with salt and pepper.
2. Add the olive oil and cilantro along with the garlic, lime juice, soy sauce and crushed red pepper and toss to coat. Oil the grates and grill the scallops over moderate heat, basting with the marinade, until golden and just cooked through, 2 minutes per side.
3. Serve the scallops with lime wedges, chopped avocado and tortilla chips.