Cornucopie with Brie and Fresh Basil
Incredibly easy. Can add a bit of Gorgonzola and some chopped walnuts for an extra bit of flavor.
- 1 pound, cornucopie pasta – cooked al dente
- 1 pound, brie
- 2 cups, mini Heirloom tomatoes – whole, halved & squashed
- 2 cloves, garlic- minced
- 1/2 cup, fresh basil – shredded
- 1/2 cup, il Fustino Olio Nuovo
- 1 dash, red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper – to taste
- gorgonzola cheese – (optional)
- walnuts – coarsely chopped and toasted (optional)
Coat large glass or ceramic bowl with il Fustino Olio Nuovo Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Break brie, including rind, into bowl.
Add tomatoes (depending on size of each tomato, add whole, halved or squished)
Add basil, garlic and red pepper flakes (Reserve some basil for garnish).
Let sit for at least one hour before using to allow flavors to meld.
When ready to eat, cook the pasta and drain well. Immediately toss with the cheese mixture, salt and pepper to taste, serve.
Garnish with reserved basil.
*Although not necessary, we highly recommend adding Gorgonzola cheese and toasted walnuts!*