Fall Farro Salad
For the farro:
- 1 cup, semi-pearled farro – We used a Trader Joe’s Farro
- 1, bay leaf
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ¾ tsp, Aleppo pepper
For the salad:
- 1 ½ pounds cubed eggplant – about 2 medium eggplants
- ½ medium, red onion – thinly sliced
- ¼ cup, il Fustino Tuscan Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil
- ½ tsp, kosher salt
- ½ cup, mint leaves
- 2 tbsp, il Fustino Pear Champagne Vinegar
- ¼ cup, lightly toasted pine nuts
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare the farro to the package instructions and add the bay leaf and chili flakes. Remove from the pot and drain. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle the Aleppo chili over the top, set aside.
White the farro is cooking, prepare the salad. Place the chopped eggplant and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with half of the Tuscan Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil, season with salt and toss with your hands to coat the vegetables. Roast in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until everything is cooked through and the onions are caramelized. Add the roasted mixture to the bowl of farro. Top with mint leaves, vinegar and pine nuts. Toss and allow the mint to soften with the heat of the other ingredients. Season with more salt to taste and enjoy!