You may roast the garlic, giving the dish a nutty taste and a more mild flavor without that raw garlic bite. Or simply add 2 heaping teaspoons of Garlic-it Caramelized Garlic and leave out the salt.
- 1 can, garbanzo beans – drained, water reserved
- 1/4 cup, il Fustino extra virgin olive oil (Preferably in the full bodied assertive oil category.)
- 5 cloves, garlic – peeled and optionally roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon, kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon, red pepper flakes – crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon, cumin powder
- 1 lemon – halved and pitted
1. Place garbanzo beans, garlic, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and cumin to a food processor and pulse until integrated.
2. With processor running at steady speed, add oil slowly.
3. Add in small amounts, as needed, reserved garbanzo bean liquid until the mixture reaches a creamy consistency.
4. Add lemon to taste.
5. Serve topped with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
6. Plate with Pita triangles.