Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 whole, bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
- 1 tablespoon, garlic – minced
- 2 teaspoons, lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons, dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons, fresh rosemary leaves – chopped
- 1 tablespoon, fresh sage leaves – chopped
- 1 teaspoon, fresh thyme leaves – chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup, dry white wine
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan, skin side up.
In a small bowl, combine il Fustino Arbequina EVOO, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture evenly all over the skin of the turkey breast. (You can also loosen the skin and smear half of the paste underneath, directly on the meat.)
Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
Roast the turkey for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest and meatiest area of the breast. Check the breast after an hour of so; if the skin is over-browning, cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
When the turkey is done, remove from the oven, cover the pan with aluminum foil and allow the turkey to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice and serve warm with the pan juices.